CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, September 15, 2008

First things First

Look at me.......two days in a row. So, the first thing I would like to accomplish here is to become a better writer. I feel that I am fairly intelligent and I can usually carry on an intelligent conversation, however I am lacking in my ability to write intelligently. Like now, I should probably think of another word besides intelligent. Anyway, I am not sure I have ever possessed the ability to write well, but if I did my current profession has sucked it all away. Take this excerpt for example

VS WNL, PWD, SMAEW, voiding per diaper. PIV patent, flushes easily s swelling or redness. Nippled 30cc SC24 s difficulty. NAD

I could go on, but you get my point. I don't even write complete sentences, much less complete words. Also I have found that my grammar isn't the best. I was unaware that the plural form of my last name would be Hugheses........until told by a good friend with superb grammar skills. Also I don't pay attention to things like ending sentences in prepositional phrases. However, I am aware of what a preposition is. So how would one go about improving his/her grammar skills. Then, how do you improve your writing skills?

I should improve my vocabulary.......I did buy a book of crossword puzzles. I am absolutely terrible at crossword puzzles. Any advice would be appreciated, especially from my friend with superb grammar skills!

2 comments:

PinkPickles said...

My writing also leaves much to be desired. I guess it's a talent that some people possess, and the rest of us just make lame attempts at. I'll admit, my grammar skills are pretty rockin', but I can't string together much that's creative.

BTW, the plural of daisy is daisies. ;)

"Sunshine and Daisys" said...

I know but I liked the way Daisys looked. I spell checked it and it didn't try and correct it so I figured it was right in some context or another. I should probably change it though.